In the kitchen, there are many different types of equipment that you can use. Some of these items are staples, and some are less common, but they’re all equally important in your kitchen. If you want to make delicious meals for yourself or your family. These items will be helpful no matter what cuisine you cook.
These are the most used items in the kitchen!
These are the most used items in the kitchen!
- A dish rack. This is a great way to dry your dishes after you wash them and keep your countertops clean and organized. You can also buy one with built-in storage for glasses or cups, making it even more convenient to use!
- A knife block or knife set. If you use a lot of knives around your home (or if you have kids), this is an essential tool for keeping them all organized and sharpened correctly. So they’re always ready when needed by someone who might need one at any given time! They come with everything from steak knives up to large cleavers for chopping those big pieces of meat or vegetables before cooking them up later on during mealtime hours. So, don’t worry about having lots of extra space required either one block/set may be enough depending on how much usage each person expects from their blades!
A cutting board is an essential piece of equipment in any kitchen. And it’s used to cut fruits and vegetables, meat, fish, and poultry. You’ll also use a cutting board when chopping herbs or garlic.
Choose which type of cutting board you want: plastic or wood. Plastic ones are easy to clean and inexpensive. But they can’t be used for raw meat because they will stain them permanently. Wood cutting boards tend to be more expensive but last longer than plastic ones; they’re also easier on your knives since they don’t dull them as quickly as plastic ones (wood doesn’t scratch metal). If you’re using a wooden cutting board, make sure to season it with mineral oil so that it stays nice and smooth over time
A chef’s knife is the essential type of knife in your kitchen. The chef’s knife has a broad blade that makes it perfect for chopping, dicing, and mincing vegetables.
Chef’s knives usually come in lengths ranging from eight to 16 inches, but either way, they’re a must-have tool for any cook and one of the most valuable items you’ll ever have in your kitchen arsenal. Before using a Gerber knife, you need to know how to open and how to close Gerber knife.
A vegetable peeler is a tool to remove the skin of vegetables and fruits. It may or may not have a serrated blade, but it always has some handle. Peelers come in many shapes and sizes—some have a swivel head, while others have a fixed charge. There are super-small ones, so you can take them wherever you go!
To use the vegetable peeler:
- Hold your fruit or vegetable firmly in one hand.
- Place the blade at one end of your produce item and pull towards yourself with even strokes to remove its outer layer cleanly (and quickly).
- Rinse off any remaining pieces before eating!
Measuring Cups and Spoons
Measuring cups and spoons are used to precisely measure the number of ingredients in a recipe.
- Measuring cups are for dry ingredients, like flour or sugar, and should be labeled with their measurements.
- Measuring spoons have graduations, so you can easily measure small amounts of liquids like vanilla extract or salt. You can also use these if you only need one tablespoon of something but don’t want to dirty another spoon. These should be washed after every use!
Mixing bowls come in various sizes, from very small to very large. They are used to mix ingredients or serve food.
Mixing bowls can be made of glass, ceramic, stainless steel, or plastic. You can find them at most department stores and grocery stores (usually in the kitchen section).
Wooden Spoon or Spatula
A wooden spoon or spatula is a kitchen utensil for stirring and mixing. It can also be used to scrape the sides of a pan, mix ingredients, or scrape up food from the bottom of a pan. The wooden handle is attached to a wide metal blade or flat piece of metal at its end. The blade may be straight, curved like an egg whisk, or shaped into another form, such as those used for spoons or turners.
Wooden spoons are usually made from hardwoods such as maple and birch that don’t stain easily when used with acidic foods like tomatoes and lemons; however plastic spoons are also standard in modern kitchens because they don’t scratch pots & pans (as much). Spatulas have different shapes depending on their intended use: some have broad flat surfaces, while others have rounded edges ideal for scraping dough out of bowls. However, many are designed specifically for flipping pancakes!
Saute Pan (Nonstick or Stainless Steel)
A saute pan is a frying pan with low, straight sides. Because they’re taller than skillets, they make it easier to add ingredients and toss them around as they cook. This pan is excellent for browning meat or vegetables before making a sauce (the French name comes from the verb “to jump,” which describes what you do when cooking in this vessel).
They come in several different shapes and sizes some are shallow and wide. Others deeper and sloped down toward the center but all have flat bottoms so you can safely put them on your stovetop burners. If you’re buying your first set of kitchen equipment or replacing some old pieces in your current collection. Then consider investing in two different styles. One that’s large enough to fry four burgers at once (12 inches) and another that’s more traditional sized. But has flared sides so you can use it over high heat without worrying about spillage (10 inches).
12-inch Skillet (Nonstick or Stainless Steel)
The 12-inch skillet (nonstick or stainless steel) is the mainstay of many home kitchens, and for a good reason. It’s a versatile size that works well for sautéing and stir-frying, making it an excellent option for weeknight dinners. A nonstick skillet is best when cooking foods that may stick to the pan, like fried eggs or pizza. Stainless steel models are better suited to cooking foods like steak or burgers that may leave behind stains on the pan’s surface.
If you’re starting in your kitchen, this will likely be the most used piece of cookware you’ll own. So do yourself a favor and get one with an oven-safe handle so you can use it for broiling, steaming, and more!
Using tongs is one of the easiest ways to handle food, and they’re also versatile tools around the kitchen. You can use them to flip meat, vegetables, and other foods on the grill; turn over pancakes or bacon in a pan. Grab items from a hot oven (such as roasting chickens); pick up ingredients like cherries from a bowl, so you don’t get burned by their juices. And if all this isn’t enough, some people even use tongs for serving!
You’ll want strong enough tongs to handle heavy items like large pieces of meat without bending or breaking. They should also be heat resistant and have rubber grips so they won’t slip from your hands when lifting something hot out of an oven.
Box Grater / Microplane Grater / Zester
- A box grater has four sides, the largest being a flat plane with holes. You can use this side to grate cheese or vegetables, and it’s also suitable for mincing garlic cloves or ginger root.
- A Microplane grater is a flat surface with small holes perfect for zesting citrus fruits like lemons and limes. You can use it to grate hard cheeses like Parmesan, but this side doesn’t have much room for error. If you’re not careful, you’ll end up with a pile of mushy cheese instead of lovely curls!
- A zester comes in two styles: straight-sided like a Microplane (but with tiny holes) or curved around into an oval shape (with even tinier holes). Both types work the same way. Just run them across your fruit of choice (or Parmesan) to get thin slices that add flavor and texture to any dish!
A colander is a large bowl used for draining pasta and vegetables. Because of its shape, it’s also helpful in washing fruits and vegetables. It can be used as a filter for soups, sauces (and, in some cases, even baked goods) or to rinse beans and other legumes.
Baking Sheet Set (Two) – Nonstick, Aluminum, or Stainless Steel.
Baking sheet sets are a must-have for every kitchen. You can use a baking pan for baking cookies, or roasting vegetables. Or even making casseroles, and baking sheets are also sometimes called cookie sheets or roasting pans.
Baking pans usually come in two different types: metal and silicone. Many people prefer to buy nonstick aluminum pans because they are inexpensive and easy to clean (you can throw them in the dishwasher). If you want something that won’t scratch as easily. Stainless steel might be your best bet since it doesn’t react with acidic foods like tomatoes or lemon juice which could stain other pans over time.
Whether you choose aluminum or stainless steel for your baking sheets depends on how often you plan on using them and if you want an eco-friendly option or not – both options work great!
No mystery is going from bundled food to natively constructed food implies additional time in the kitchen. Also, that is OK because our health (and our families) is worth the other work! To make my time in the kitchen as effective as could be expected.
This article was prepared by Omni Kitchener.